10 questions to ask your camper on the way home:
After an amazing week at camp, it’s likely that your camper will be bursting to the seams with fun stories, great songs, and wishes to return to camp ASAP. When I was a camper, my sister and I would usually fill the entire car ride home to Ottawa with our excited chatter. However, in case your child isn’t quite as talkative, here are a couple of questions to get them started!
1. What was your favourite camp song? Can you sing it for me?
2. What would you be most excited for if you went back next year?
3. What was the best thing about your counsellors?
4. What was your favourite food they served?
5. For junior campers: Did you perform in the talent show? For intermediates: what was the theme for theme night?
6. What did you think about camping out under the stars?
7. What did you learn about God and Jesus?
8. What was the best part of the week?
9. What were some of the fun new games you learned?
10. Do you want to go back next year? We’re hoping that we’ve done our jobs well enough that the answer will be “YES!” If it isn’t, please don’t hesitate to contact us with feedback on how we could have improved the experience; we’re always looking for ways to make every child’s week more memorable!